Today has been such a pretty day outside - the sky is clear, the wind is minimal, the temperature is just right... It's too bad that I'm not able to enjoy it. Oh well, such is the life of someone who works in law enforcement.
I cannot wait to be able to be outside driving a squad car and enjoying the weather while working. It'll be such an amazing feeling. That is what bothers me the most about moving - the fact that I'm THIS close to becoming a police officer. It just kinda stinks that I might be giving that up (for now).
Almost every single one of my co-workers has been asking me if I'm ready for the physical test coming up. All I say is that "I'm working on it," or "I'm getting there." It's getting harder every day to not tell them that we might be close to moving and that I won't be testing. I just feel bad - like I'm deceiving them or something. The Chief is constantly telling me how good of a job I do dispatching and then he and my supervisor keep telling me that there's a new gun waiting for me and I'll get my own squad car soon... But I can't say anything. It stinks!
Moving to Indianapolis will be a very good thing for us. We hate Springfield, really aren't happy with our current jobs and although we'll miss our family and friends here, we know we need to get out. There is a whole new life for us in Indy and we're anxious to get there, no matter our reservations.
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment