So Tom didn't get anything in the mail yesterday. He did, however, call both places. The first firm said that they had just hired two new people and they wouldn't be able to hire and train a third.... whatever that means (I just think they can't afford to hire Tom). So that one is a no go. The second firm said that they still hadn't been able to discuss and meet with the guy who would be Tom's supervisor. When Tom mentioned that he'd be in Indy on Saturday and could meet with the guy the Vice President said that might work. They'll get back to him today.
*sigh*
I so thought it was in the bag... That we'd be knowing what was happening so soon. Boy was I wrong. It would have made not testing so much easier. Now I don't know what to do. I mean even if I do take the test and pass, pass the written test/interview/background (which I know I would), and they offer me a job it'd still come down to what I'm going through right now. This stinks.
I am starting to think that I will take the test Saturday morning... but now I don't know if I'd pass. I ignorantly counted on Tom acing those interviews (which I think he did) and the companies not being so stupid. And I forget that, in the corporate world, even though they interview for positions that doesn't mean they're hiring. I'm just so used to interviewing for positions that I know need to be filled (because that's how it works in law enforcement). If he does get to meet with the guy who would be his boss I might not get to take the test - we're both supposed to be in Indy tomorrow night. Now I know that the reason we're going isn't as important as my career... but if he gets this job I'm taking the test for nothing.
When I left the office tonight everyone said "good luck" and one guy shook my hand... I suppose I should just do it. If anything, just to prove to myself that I can do it if I put my mind to it.
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment