When I was a little girl one of my most favorite things to every summer was spend time at my Grandma's house over in eastern Illinois. I would get to go visit with her and my Grandpa for at least one week every year. Heck, sometimes two.
One of the best things about her house was waking up in the morning. From the moment you woke up you could smell the fresh air and breakfast cooking in the kitchen. Grandma's kitchen was bright and airy and the floor was always chilly when you stepped in. The coffee was always on and Grandpa was always sitting in his chair at the table by the window. That site and smell will forever be etched into my memory.
Today at work I opened the window in my office. It didn't take long for me to notice the smell coming through: Grandma's house. The fresh air and coffee smell made me miss my Grandma. And every time I think about her I hurt just as much (if not more) as the day she suddenly passed.
Words cannot describe how badly I miss her.
I love you, Grandma. And I miss you even more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment